By the end of this workshop educators will:
- understand what epilepsy is
- have the skills and knowledge to effectively support a student living with epilepsy
- be able to identify seizure activity and the impact of seizures on the student and the student’s learning
- have identified key strategies to support a student living with epilepsy in the classroom based on the educator’s work practice
- have a working knowledge of the resources available on the Epilepsy Smart Schools website and how educators can use these resources in the learning environment.
Who should do this course?
Education and training professionals.
Time and Assessment:
This is a 2 hour face to face interactive workshop held at the Epilepsy Foundation Head Office, 587 Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills, Vic 3127.
This is an interactive workshop, reflection on knowledge and time to apply knowledge is included in the workshop, there are no formal assessment requirements.
More information or offline resources:
This course is delivered as a face to face interactive workshop, workshop resources including an Epilepsy Smart Schools resource pack are provided to all participants.
Please note that minimum enrolment numbers are required for the workshop to proceed, should the minimum enrolment number not be reached a full refund will be provided.
You may also like: